The sauce usually refers to a kind of flavor category of food in dishes. The flavor of the sauce is generally made of a mixture of braised flavor and seasoning sauce. With rich flavor of garlic, pesto sauce is getting one of the top choices on people’s menu. You’re probably wondering if there are any health benefits of pesto. Yes and no. But with the right ingredients, it’s good for us in both our taste and health.
Pesto is a sauce of pasta, Italian pesto, also translated as green sauce. This sauce is made by grinding basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. The prepared sauce can be used not only for noodles, but also for kneading bread and even dipping big buns. The taste is absolutely top-notch, especially the freshly made one, which is hundreds of times better than the finished product on the market.
Efficacy and effect of pesto.
1. Regulating insulin: Due to the unreasonable dietary structure of people, the intake of selenium in the human body is reduced, which reduces insulin synthesis; while garlic contains more selenium, which has a regulatory effect on the decline of insulin synthesis in the human body, so diabetics eat more garlic help alleviate the condition.
2. Anti-cancer and anti-cancer: Garlic can protect the liver, induce the activity of hepatocyte detoxification enzymes, and block the synthesis of nitrosamine carcinogens, thereby preventing the occurrence of cancer.
3. Lower blood lipids and prevent thrombosis: The active ingredients of garlic have obvious effects of lowering blood lipids and preventing coronary heart disease and arteriosclerosis, and can prevent the formation of blood clots.
4. Delaying aging and preventing lead poisoning: Regular consumption of garlic can delay aging; its antioxidant properties are better than ginseng; people who are often exposed to lead or have lead poisoning tend to eat garlic, which can effectively prevent lead poisoning.
5. Prevention of arthritis: Garlic can “eliminate rheumatism and break cold wind”, and has an inhibitory effect on rheumatoid arthritis.
Patients who are with liver disease, non-bacterial diarrhea, eye disease, and other critically ill patients should be advised to eat or just eat less.
How to choose the right and fresh pesto?
1. Look at the label: select products with complete and correct labels on the product packaging.
The product name, ingredients, net content, production date, shelf life, storage conditions, manufacturer’s address and contact information, product standard number, and production license number are required to be complete and formal.
2. Look at the appearance: the high-quality garlic sauce is tightly sealed and has no leakage.
The color of the contents is uniform and there is no visible impurities. Pure garlic sauce has only the normal color of garlic.
3. Smell the smell: normal garlic paste has the aroma of garlic, and the aroma of garlic is not strong.
The strong garlic flavor is generally the result of adding flavor, and the product quality is poor.
Recommendation menu of pesto.
Sea Bass Fillet with Pesto Sauce.
Ingredients: 4 pieces of sea bass steak, 15 ml of olive oil, garlic juice,1 small handful of basil, 2 tablespoons of pine nuts, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 coffee cup of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of cheese powder, and a little salt.
Step 1: Heat the airfryer to 180℃, preheat for 3 minutes.
Step 2: Put the fish into the airfryer, set the time for 8 minutes.
Step 3: Put the basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, cheese powder, and olive oil into the masher, add a small amount of salt and beat until the sauce is like.
Step 4: Take out the fish and put it on the plate, pour it with pesto.
Pesto sauce is delicious. When you have no idea about today’s menu, why don’t you use pesto sauce to make a special delicacy for the meal to reward yourself? Not only can you eat the sauce-flavored deliciousness, but also supplement the body’s necessary calories. But remember there is always a right amount of it.