When I was a baby, mum used to quell my unease with palatable ice cubes, they were tossing and turning in my mouth into smaller ones before being masticated. That’s one of the memories for family taste. After I’ve grown up, even through years of wandering life and purposeless jobs between a few places, towns, cities, countries, something I knew I will never let go of. Now, this is what I would like to share with you about four recipes of refreshments making with an ice cube tray.
ONE: Cleopatra taking a shower
ingredients：some yogurt, an appropriate amount of flesh of watermelon, pitaya, papaya, mango
tray type: 1 premium silicone ice tray with 10 medium square ice cubes
way of doing: slice the fruits into dice, blend half of them separately until pureed, fill each of the first 5 cubes with the admixture of one or two more purees, and each of the rest with a tinge of fruit dice. Freeze cube tray into ice after coated with yogurt toppings and ring the bell.
You can sprinkle some desiccated coconut powder（DCP）on ice cube before eating. It looks like a Cleopatra charismatically walk out of the ice cube tray with snow-white petals shedding over on the top. And some post-modern scene about industrial-strength streamline on fashion food advertisement TV becomes true.
Sorry for the wrong illustration but this pix below:
Aren’t they looking like the same?
TWO: Cube sushi
Ingredients: steamed rice, seafood
Ice cube tray type: 1 premium silicone ice tray with 6 medium square ice cubes
Way of doing: first you should ram some rice into each cube, and do a further squeeze to form 6 square rice cube. Then turn down the tray and take them out. The final step is to leave the seafood on the rice cube as your preference and enjoy it!
THREE: Regular-shaped chocolates with a variety of flavors
- place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a measuring cup, microwave until melted.
- Apply food oil to each side of the ice cube tray, and fill about 1/3 full with melted chocolate.
- Put the ice cube tray in the ice-box for 2mins and then fill the chocolates with caramel, butter, and, marshmallows or other condiments you like.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the filling until covered with a layer of chocolate.
- Put the ice cube tray filled with chocolate in the freezer for 2hours.
- Take out of the ice cube tray, turn it upside down slowly, press the tray bottom lightly and make the chocolate cubes fall into the bowl.
FOUR: Ice Milk Tea
Requirement: A bag of Indian black tea, medium-sized ice cube tray with cordate cube-boxes.
- Make black tea with boiling water, filter out the tea dregs and fill the cube with tea water;
- Freeze them into ice cubes and get ready for a mug of 300cc milk,
- Throw 4 black tea ice cubes in milk and ready to go.