With the best flavor combination and ready in 10 minutes, Lemon Garlic Shrimp is easy to make. The most amazing thing is crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and doused with Lemon Garlic Butter. Can't wait to try it.
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons of dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, halved plus 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 pound medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- Season the shrimp: Season the shrimp with lemon juice and garlic for about 10 minutes before cooking.
- Fry the shrimp: In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter and olive oil to make sure they are fully melted and mixed. Add shrimp, halved lemons, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes accordingly, then season with salt. Stirring them occasionally until shrimp is pink and opaque, about 5 minutes per side. (If you're not able to fit the shrimp in a single layer in your skillet, work in batches to make sure everything cooks evenly)
- Make the sauce: Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir in lemon juice, garlic, and white wine until fragrant, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, then set it aside.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet, then sprinkle the sauce on the shrimp. Transfer to the plate and garnish with salt and fresh chopped parsley before serving.
1. What kind of Ingredients should you buy?
- For shrimp: We recommend choosing medium-sized shrimp for this recipe. You should also buy the shrimp that is peeled, deveined, and cleaned because it ensures that the dinner process is done as quickly and easily as possible.
- For others: Use fresh lemon juice and fresh garlic as much as possible. Those two elements are the key to this recipe creating fireworks in your mouth.
2. How long should you cook the shrimp?
Shrimp cooks super quickly! It only needs a few minutes, usually for 10 minutes. Once shrimp turns pink and opaque, which means it's ready to eat. Overcooked shrimp is tough and rubbery.
3. Do you need to use dry white wine?
If you have a bottle of white wine such as Chardonnay or anything like that in your fridge, this is the perfect way to use it. If you don't have any around, use water or chicken broth instead.
4. Is this dish spicy?
Well, there's a little kick from the red pepper flakes, but the spice level that most people can handle, so please don't worry. You can decide how many red pepper flakes add in this dish as your preference.
5. What to Serve with Shrimp?
- Crusty fresh bread
- Roasted vegetables
- Steamed Vegetables
- Mashed cauliflower
- Pasta or Pasta salad
You'll love this dish. Please note that you need to buy fresh and cleaned shrimp, and control the cooking time. Have you made this yet? Let us know how it went in the comments below!
Feel free to tag us on Instagram.
You may also like,