A healthy lifestyle helps to keep and improve your health and well-being. Well, a healthy diet is about eating healthy food and enjoying it. With good food habits, you will be well on your way to a healthy life. Nowadays, COVID-19 spreads in various countries around the world. In this case, eating healthy food may be a useful way to boost our immunity and reduce inflammation in our bodies.
How to lead a healthy lifestyle? Cooking 3 creative and healthy vegetable slicer recipes (breakfast to dinner) for your family to lead a healthy lifestyle and get back on track.
3 creative and healthy vegetable slicer recipes
Before getting started, it is fast and efficient to create veggie noodles in the shape of fettuccine, spaghetti, and ribbons in minutes with the vegetable slicer. Check the video below to learn how it works.
1. Breakfast: Burst Tomato Zucchini Spaghetti with Avocado Sauce
- 3 cups yellow and red cherry tomatoes
- 2 spiralized zucchini
- 4 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- Parmesan for topping
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper
- Use a High-speed Blender to mix all sauce together until smooth and set aside.
- Boil water to 100ºC, add salt to the boiling water, then put the spaghetti into the pot in a radiant form and boil for about 12-15 minutes. Stir while cooking to avoid the spaghetti sticking together. Remove the filtered water and set aside.
- Heat cherry tomatoes over medium heat, then drizzle with olive oil quickly. Gently shake the pan to get them moving (grab a lid to avoid hot oil splashing). Continue cooking until the skin of tomatoes is split. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Boil zucchini with water for 3-5 minutes for tender-crisp zucchini. Drain and put it on the serving platter. Add the spaghetti, the avocado sauce into the same serving platter, toss 3 sorts of things above until completely mixed. Season with salt and pepper, top with tomatoes and Parmesan if you like.
2. Lunch: Zucchini Pasta with Lentil Bolognese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 15 ounces can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 peeled and spiralized zucchini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 salt/pepper
For the Bolognese:
- Add the oil to a large stock pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery along with a pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add in the garlic, sugar, balsamic vinegar, and dried herbs and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the lentils, tomato paste, bay leaves, and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 30-40 minutes until lentils are soft.
- Remove the bay leaf and season to taste with salt and pepper.
For the Zucchini Noodles:
- While the sauce is cooking, boil zucchini with water for 3-5 minutes for tender-crisp zucchini.
- Serve bolognese over zucchini noodles.
3. Dinner: Crisp Tofu and Thai Cucumber Raita
- 1 cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 5-10 firm tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai red chilly, finely chopped
- 1/2 Thai basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce, or gluten-free soy sauce for Vegan
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 3 pieces cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Pan fry tofu in olive oil for 2 minutes per side. Cut into half-inch cubes.
- Whisk all sauce in a bowl until coconut sugar is dissolved.
- Toss in cucumber, bell pepper, and onions.
- Transfer to a serving platter and top with crisp tofu pieces.
A healthy diet is essential for good health and nutrition. It is not achieved in one day, but you have to be consistent. Follow the above recipes to maintain a light diet healthy habit.
Do you have any other suggestions? Comment below.
You may also like,